Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Here goes nothing...

So after spending copious amounts of time working on all things web design over the past few days, I can confidently say that I think I'm done (or mostly done...for now at least...). That said, I can't help but continually rethink my site. Did I design a layout that is conducive to presenting the information while being aesthetically appealing? Have I relied too much on text? I am, after all, offering a website that compiles data and research for students, so most of my work needs to be test form, but is there a way I could have balanced it differently? I know that the instructional design theory that we've learned about has influenced my final project and I'm confident that the fact I'm unsure about the final product is only because I'm so invested in the site itself which is ultimately a good sign. That said, I guess I just need to hope for the best. Take this as a "here goes nothing" kind of moment and leave my fate in Jim's hands.

So with that, here goes nothing. The ride was fun and it's far from over!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Morris said...

I agree with you. Even as I sit here in the lab after posting about being done myself, I'm thinking about how I could change what I did. How I could probably make it better and more effective. I think maybe that's the idea of this class. We have learned about all these theories, and putting theory into practice is always hard. It's hard partly because sometimes you don't know which theory to put into practice. I guess maybe next time, I'll try something else, but I do know that these ideas will continue to affect me as I create things from now on- that is, when I head to my next position and I'm making something for students- I know I will think about how to most effectively design it...

11:06 AM

 
Blogger AmyTheUte said...

Hi Jaci! Yes, I am having doubts as well. You coined the term "rethinking my site" - well that's in a nutshell what I'm doing to. I'm really struggling with knowning what is and is not expected or good enough. I want it to be fantastic, but I feel that with all the things we have due it is just useless to try to be a perfectionist.

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home