Monday, May 01, 2006

Last minute things...

So I've been working on my final project--as I assume most of us are--and I'm realizing that my plans for the big hoorah might have been a little too ambitious. I mean, I've pointed out several times how impressed I am by the amount of things that we've learned to do throughout this class, and I know that Jim has reminded us about the time each of these skills might require, but as I'm finishing my final flowchart I realize that my page has become this giant web of ideas that may or may not be actualized. Maybe that's the point. If this class is intended to be a springboard for side projects into the future then I'm golden. On the other hand, if the course objective is to compile a complete and interactive site by the end of the term, I'm not sure I'm down. There are just a world of possibilities and I'm well aware of the fact that that sounds cliche, but in this case I think it's totally true.

So that said, I'm going to go back to my flowchart, play around a little more and then move on. I know that I've learned a lot in this class (which is great since many of the jobs that I'm applying to require knowledge of html and webdesign and I feel confident saying that I do) and I know that my final project will contribute to the overall experience for my audience. That in and of itself is success. From there, it's all icing. Right? We'll see...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Morris said...

I am with you man. I am still frustrated because I don't have any testamonials. I know that I could just make some up, but I don't want to do that, so I'm hoping that Jim won't hate me if that page is rather bare. The website thing is on it's way to being done though and I gotta say- I'm pretty proud of us! Congrats on being done!

8:19 PM

 
Blogger Skim said...

I also had a big plan for my web, but I don't have enoght time for doing it, and in my cooking class, we only made 5 dishes so far, anyway, good luck~

9:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home